THE KID’S INTERVIEW
Jaimie Cox, age 34 AND Mikayla Mitchell, age 14, interview their author mom and Grandma, Kathy Bennett
1. Can you name all your Mom’s books?
Jaimie: Yes I can. They are A Dozen Deadly Roses and A Deadly Blessing.
Mikayla: Yes. A Dozen Deadly Roses and A Deadly Blessing
2. Which is your favorite and why?
Jaimie: My favorite is A Deadly Blessing. It was more “on the edge of my seat” reading for me.
Mikayla: My grandma won’t let me read them yet, so I don’t have a favorite
3. When does your Mom write? Where in the house? Describe her writing area.
Jaimie: Mom writes whenever she can get a spare moment or ten. She writes in her office or sometimes she flees to her favorite “secret” writing spot. The best way to describe mom’s office is “controlled chaos”, and as for her secret writing spot, I can’t describe it because then everyone will know where she runs away to, and it wouldn’t be a secret anymore.
Mikayla: Grandma writes when she has free time in her office, which looks clean, but not organized.
4. What are you doing when Mom is writing?
Jaimie: Working or taking care of my family.
Mikayla: Going on Facebook.
5. If Mom got rich and famous, what would you want her to do with the money?
Jaimie: I would want her to be happy with it. If she wanted to invest, save or spend it, then it’s hers to do what she wants with it.
Mikayla: Save it so she and Grandpa can get the house they’ve always wanted.
6. Do you read your Mom’s books?
Jaimie: Absolutely. In fact, I’m one of her beta readers – so I get to read them before anyone else.
Mikayla: Not yet, but I will when I’m old enough
7. Do you think you do better in school because Mom is a writer?
.Jaimie: Mom wasn’t a writer when I was in school, she was still working on the police force at that time. So, with that in mind, I did behave better in school and out of school.
8. Do your friends know what your Mom writes? Do you tell them?
Jaimie: Of course! Even my father in-law reads my mom’s books.
9. Do you want to be a writer when you grow up? If not, what do you want to be.
Jaimie: When I was younger, I always enjoyed writing, but felt I was never good at it. Right now, I’m an accounting manager for a distributing company. I hope that someday I’ll be able to start my own bookkeeping business and work from home.
Mikayla: No, I don’t want to be a writer, but I still would like to follow in my grandma’s footsteps by becoming a police officer.
10. If you could dedicate a book to your Mom, what would you say?
Jaimie: To my mother and best friend Kathy – may your days always be filled with love, laughter and craziness. I love you.
Mikayla: To my Grandma Bennett, I love you.
Kathy's latest police procedural is A Deadly Blessing. Check out those Amazon ranks!
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #51 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Mystery & Thrillers > Police Procedurals
- #1 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Police Procedurals
- #4 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths