Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Kid Interview Series - #1 - I am interviewed by my son


As part of a new ongoing series, I have asked some of my facebook author-friends to ask their children to interview them.  Our kids and families are such a huge part of our lives, I wanted to give them an opportunity to tell us all how they really feel about our obsessive desire to put words to life.

I will start the series by interviewing one of my own.  Enjoy!

THE KID’S INTERVIEW
William Combs, age 9, interviews his author mom, SAMANTHA COMBS

Q.  Can you name all your Mom’s books?  
A.  Yes! Spellbound, Everspell, Detention Demon, Waterdancer, um, even the short ones too?  I’ll think about it.
Q.  Which is your favorite and why?  
A.  My favorite is The Detention Demon because I like all of the details that it gives me to give a good picture in my mind of what the demon looks like.
Q.  When does your Mom write?  Where in the house?  Describe her writing area.  
A.  Mostly at night.  She writes in the living room and sometimes in her room.  Well, for the living room, she has a couch with an ottoman that she puts the computer on.  And she also lays her feet on that, too.  And also she uses pillows to rest her arm on.  We’re not allowed to put things on the ottoman.
Q.   What are you doing when Mom is writing?  
A.   I’m mostly quiet and I watch tv or play my DS.
Q.   If Mom got rich and famous, what would you want her to do with the money?  
A.   TOYS!



Q.   Do you read your Mom’s books?  
A.   Yes.  She reads them to me and I read them on her kindle.  But only the scary ones.  And the good parts of    the others.
Q.   Do you think you do better in school because Mom is a writer?  
A.   Yes.  Because she has a great vocabulary and so do I.  And whenever I need a word to be described, she is always there for that.
Q.   Do your friends know what your Mom writes?  Do you tell them?  
A.   Not really, no. I tell them about her working for the cab company.  But, I do tell my teachers Mommy writes.
Q.   Do you want to be a writer when you grow up?  If not, what do you want to be? 
A.   I don’t want to be a writer, because it’s just exhausting for your hands.  I want to be either a police officer  or a firefighter.
Q.  If you could dedicate a book to your Mom, what would you say?  
A.  This book is for my Mom, my wonderful, kind, happy, heartful mother.  I love you, Mom.

Shameless self-promotion: Waterdancer, my 7th book, and my 5th YA paranormal, is out Sept 7th with Musa Publishing.  Hope you check it out here on the blog.

 

4 comments:

  1. Great interview! And what can you say about the picture... I don't think I can do the interview upside down. =) He made it look so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet! You've got a fan for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great interview.
    very articulate boy.

    ReplyDelete