Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exciting News!

I have pretty bad at blogging.  I suppose 3 months and 6 days qualifies as stupendously bad at blogging.  But I have something to blog about now.  I have a publisher for SPELLBOUND!  After countless agents chose not to go with me, I decided to go right to the source, the actual publishers.  That turned out to be a great decision, because as soon as I did, I started getting requests for partials and fulls for my young adult paranormal romance/supernatural fantasy.  I even got a request from Harlequin Teen, the holy grail of the publishing world.  The bummer is they didn't take me on, but I got the most wonderful rejection letter EVER! 

It proved to me that I did have talent, I can write and SPELLBOUND is a publishable commodity.  And it wasn't a month later that I was offered a contract.  So now, I am in the editing phase and soon to be assisting in the design of the cover of my book!  SO EXCITING!

The release date is to be either early to mid June and my new publisher is a wonderful company called Astraea Press.  They can be found at www.astraeapress.com and working with the talented team so far has been nothing less than a delight.  Head on over there and check them out.  I am starting to read several of my other fellow authors on the site and am awed by the talent I am rubbing elbows with!

As I am writing a sequel to SPELLBOUND, I am indeed hopeful that I am starting a long relationship with Astraea Press.  I'll keep you posted on this journey I am embarking on as I start this new phase of my life....as a published author.  Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, fantastic, I'm so thrilled for you (& can't wait until I can say the same thing for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tahlia! I know it will happen for you too. I read your blog and you are so invested, its bound to happen!

    ReplyDelete