Friday, October 1, 2010

SERIOUSLY? ANOTHER ONE??

Normally I don't post during the day ( I'm supposed to be working; I do have a day job) but it is lunch time and I was browsing Wonderwall again and another post nearly made me toss my apple pecan chicken salad from Wendy's (lovely, by the way, try one).  Another reality star (read: stupid talentless tool) got a book deal.  This one will blow your mind.

Remember the bling ring?  The one where the arrogant teens broke into celebrity homes and stole things because they felt somehow entitled to have the same things the celebrities had earned? (and I even use the term "earned" loosely here).  Well, the ringleader, who ALREADY got herself a reality tv show for her crime, has now earned herself a book deal.  Really.  The only good thing is that a ghostwriter got herself one sweet gig.  I now quote directly from the wall:

The book is described as "'Gossip Girl' goes to Hollywood. It is a cautionary tale as well as a guilty pleasure; the reader is plunged into the crazy, out-of-control world of one of Hollywood's most infamous party girls." No word on whether the protagonist has a penchant for robbing celebrities' homes or spends time behind bars, but our money's on no.

Makes me want to scream.  The best part of the snippet is the last line:

All this makes us wonder what the criteria are for getting a book deal: A reality show? An arrest record? A pulse?

I couldn't have said it better.

1 comment:

  1. How right you are, Samantha. Make a name as a criminal, deviant, exhibitionist, anything at all really, so long as it doesn't involve either intelligence or worth of any sort, and you'll get yourself a book deal. Some of the public can be so undiscerning when it comes to following dreams; they can't detect the difference between real and artificial so they're easily duped. But there is still hope for real talent, so stick at it.

    ReplyDelete