Friday, October 8, 2010

Another Nice Rejection

Just a quickie here...I am dog tired.  Got another rejection today, but this one was very nice.  From Logan Garrison of the Gernert Company.  I had high hopes for this one, really loved what I had heard and read about him.  But as I said, the rejection was nice.   I quote now: 

"Though what you've written promises to be a thoughtful and compelling book, I'm afraid we were unable to find a place for it at this agency." 

Conjures up a lovely visual of grief-stricken agents racing around their offices, rending their garments and gnashing their teeth, crying out loudly, "There must be a place for this brilliant new talent!  What do you mean we have no room?  Oh, the injustice of it all!"

Perhaps this is a slightly skewed version of the reality, but let me have what little solace I can, thank you.  I find it pitiful enough that I am now clinging to and finding hopeful tones in my rejections.  Let me have that, at least.  Tell me you haven't done it yourself.  Ah.  I thought so.  Nay-sayer no more, my friend.  Tsk, tsk.   Let he who is with agent cast the first stone.  But if you did, likely you wouldn't be reading this blog.  *sigh*  Have a good night.   I clearly need the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment