Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Query is Out In The World!

As of today I have sent out six new queries for my third novel, The Ghost and the Guys.  I'm not sure about the title but I am sure that this novel is written so much differently from my first.  It's shorter and therefore I feel that it is tighter.  I know 35k words might seem lacking in some respects, but I read a query letter to Kristin Nelson with less words.  The tightness and general flow of my story led me to a logical conclusion.  If I stuffed more words in there for the sake only of the word count, I wouldn't be true to the story.

I chose my first six agents very carefully.  For one thing, I have something in common with all of them; a love of a certain band or artist, where they have lived or were educated, something that made them special to me.  I read on Nicholas Spark's site he did the same thing.  He chose agents based on personal reasons.  I made sure they represent my genre, however, the Young Adult and Middle Grade market.  Further, they all respond in a super reasonable period of time.  Some in less than a week.  That would be good since the conference is looming and I want to stump for The Ghost and the Guys while I'm there.  I'll take Spellbound, since it is like my firstborn, but "Ghost" is where I hope to get my break.

So, I'll sign off and hope to hear from the agents soon.  I'm perfectly ready to send off six fulls if requested! (cue dream sequence). 

No comments:

Post a Comment