Monday, September 20, 2010

I Hate Writing Query Letters!

Okay, I realize the query letter is an integral part of the publishing process, blah, blah, blah.  I hate them!  And since this is my blog, I can bitch about them all I want.  I just hope I finally get one right.

I have finished my third novel, The Ghost and the Guys.  I am working on the query now.  I had bites for the first and the 2nd is being reworked due to some fabulous notes from an agent who actually took the time to write a complete critique.  I love her.  So, now the third one is done and I have to assume I'm not a good query-writer.  It's really hard, much harder than actually writing the novel.  I read those tantalizing ads on the web from companies who will write one for you, and I am SOOOO tempted, but I'm not there yet.

Here's the real reason I am so freaked out......I am attending my first Writer's Conference this weekend!  Yikes!  I'll be surrounded by authors and publishers and agents, oh my!  I am trying not to feel like a Christian in the lion's den, but I admit, it is a little intimidating.  The agent who was so amazing to me will not be there (insert sad face here) but I am hoping to meet others.  Or at least have others talk to me at all. (insert begging face here).

If anyone out there has attended a conference and can tell me what to expect, feel free to drop me a line.  I'll be here, working away, writing my millionth version of a query letter.  Okay, let's see:  Dear Most Revered Agent......*sigh*.
I think its back to the drawing board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment