Monday, May 28, 2012

Update on Works in Progress

I feel compelled to update this blog on the progress I have had on my current projects.  I do this not to brag, I swear.  It's more designed as a kick-in-the-ass.  See, my idea is that if I put it in writing here, then it's out in the universe and more than being compelled to document it, I might actually be motivated to finish it.

I'm talking mostly about the project I am calling The Deadlies.  This is the one about seven girls in an antebellum school who have been possessed by the seven deadly sins.  I am only about 5-10k words away from the conclusion.  The problem?  I cant get there.  I have them in the last scene before the big confrontation I am planning and everything I am writing sounds lame-ass.  It was a three-day weekend and I don't think more than two hours have gone by without my thinking about the end of this story.  Including a Dodger game Friday night with 60k other people around me.  The story arc always creeps in.  But, luckily for me, so does Musina.  She and I are sorting out different ideas and we'll hit on one soon that works perfectly, I have no doubt.

I'm also beginning to jot down notes about the final book to Spellbound.  I am playing with titles, arcs, and a couple fun new characters I want to introduce.  There are a lot of loose ends to tie up and many of my notes do just that.  I'm looking forward to starting soon.  I'm not sure why I haven't yet, but I never force myself to write.  It will come when it's supposed to come.  But, I feel like it will be soon.  I tend to write really well in the summertime.  Something about the beautiful blue skies either makes me want to paint a glorious happily-ever-after, as with my YA's, or smash it all to hell, like with my adult horror.  Won't it be fun to see which way I swing?  *giggles evilly*

It's not all bad news, however.  I have completed the adult horror collection I have been working on for the past two months.  Way Past Midnight, an assemblage of five horror stories, is through the editing and I have commissioned the coolest, creepiest cover from my go-to gal, Paragraphic Designs.  What do you think?  Spooky, right?

I have always been able to rely on Paragraphic Designs for my homegrown stuff.  She also did the cover for my YA paranormal Ghostly, released through Astraea Press.  Check her stuff out here: http://paragraphicdesigns.blogspot.com/

I have another project I am working on as well.  This one is another YA paranormal, but edgier, like Waterdancer.  Actually, even more so than that one.  This one is scientific and biologic.  Called Wingspan, I am about 1/3 of the way through this one.  I'm looking for Summer and Musina to light a fire under me for this one too.

So, let me know what you think of this new cover.  I am not certain if I want to go through my publisher or try out the kindle program again. I'll keep you posted.

And thanks.  Every so often I need a good kick in the patootie.  You just let me administer one to myself.  :-).  I'm done moving, the new house is great, and the new job is awesome.  I'm out of excuses.  So pardon me now, if you will.  An impatient Muse is waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment