I was happy when I opened it and saw my colorful covers, a list of my followers and the coolest gadget ever, a tally of every visit to my blog since inception. Over 6400! I felt quite proud and sure I was not one of those bloggers mentioned that crashed and burned in the image department.
Until I read her whole post.
I found there were more than a few things my blog didn't do. Or have. They seem so elemental, I was aghast I didn't think of them sooner. I'm listing them here. Don't be offended if you have had them on your blog a million years. I assure you, there are plenty of us who didn't.
- A Home page where the blog actually appears
- A Bookshelf where you have buy links for where people can purchase your work. (Totally freaked me out I didn't have this!) I included my publisher's site first, and then Amazon. I may add Barnes & Nobles later, it's up to you who you include, but make sure they are LINKS where the reader can just click. We readers are a lazy bunch, so don't make it hard for them to find you.
- Cover Art. Duh! Had that one! (smiles smugly)
- Your Bio. (didn't have that one. Slinks away quietly) I used the one I have on my Amazon Author Page because I quite like it (Also if you don't have an Author Page on Amazon and Goodreads, another forty lashes for you....MUST HAVES like a good leather purse and, this year anyway, a supercute shoe bootie)
- Reviews! (this was such a foreign concept to me. Oh, I'm supposed to TELL people that other people enjoyed my book? Oh, I get it now!)
- A WIP page. Apparently fans want to know what I am working on. Really? (Seriously, I had no idea)
So, I have worked on the blessed thing for the past couple of hours. I still have to tweak it some more, but now I am elated at the way it looks! I'd love you to check out the new tabs at the top of the blog and let me know if they are a hit or a miss. Thanks! And happy blogging!