Monday, September 5, 2011

My Personal Path to Publication - Crystal Cattabriga

Happy Labor Day everyone!  Thanks for joining us on the blog today.  We have a great author for you today, self-published writer/memoirist, Crystal Cattabriga.  The author of Shattered to Pieces, has shared a true story of her personal experience.  Please welcome her and enjoy her recounting of her own Path to Publication.


1. Welcome Crystal.  How long have you been writing?
I started writing this year in May after leaving my full time job that I worked at for 12 years.

2. Are you published and if so, how long have you been a published author?  If not, what’s your plan?
Yes I am, I have been published since July.

3. Which route did you choose for becoming published, the traditional route, with an agent, the “indie” route, going directly to the publishers yourself, or deciding to self-publish?
I decided to self publish


4. Why did you choose that particular route?
My choice in self publishing was so I could own the rights of my novels freely

5. How long did it take you to write your first novel?
It took me seven weeks to write my first novel


6. How long did it take you to publish it?
The process time in which it took my book to be published was two weeks

7. How many times did it get rejected before it got published?
There was no rejection seeing I self-published my own book

8. What was the best news you ever got in your writing life and how did it make you feel?
I think the best news I received on my book has been the reviews and the constant support from fans and family


9. What’s the worst piece of advice you ever got?
That I shouldn't leave my job in this economy in case my writing novels don't work out

10. Now, tell us the best!
The best advice that I have received would have to be, that I am determined in everything I do so there wouldn't be failure


11. What’s the one thing you would want an aspiring writer to take away from your personal path to publication?
My advice would be to keep writing if it is your passion


12. Where can we read your blog?  Buy your books?  Connect with you on facebook?  On Twitter?  Your website?
My books can be bought through Barnes & Nobles, Amazon.
You can find information on myself and of my books on http://facebook.com/ccattabriga


Book Blurb:  Shattered Into Pieces is a true story based on events that took place in my life. A man I once call dad and trusted was now the man I was trying to escape from. Would I ever be able to deal with what was coming next? The shocking truth of who he really was and what he really did will leave you stunned. Find out how I survived and found closure to the life I knew and now left behind once and for all.

Crystal is also working on two new novels, Loving Ema, and Saving Bobby, BOTH due out in November of this year and excitingly, she will be doing a 9-day book signing in her home state of Georgia, in Clarkesville, from Sept 9-17th.  Come on out...she would love to meet you!  Details can be found here:  http://crystalcattabrigabooks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment