Monday, May 2, 2011

Back After Surgery!

Hello!  I know it has been awhile but not for lack of me wanting to stay away.  I had surgery on the 21st to remove a tumor on my ovary and there is good news and bad news.  The bad news is they had to take the ovary and the recovery was the most painful thing I have ever endured, including having kidney stones and giving birth twice.  The good news, actually make that the GREAT news is they found NO CANCER!  Woo-hoo!  Which I was terrified of all along because there is quite a bit of cancer on my maternal side.

I am recovering nicely now, almost a week and half later.  I am also getting back in the job-hunting swing.  You might remember I lost my job the 2nd week of April.  Basically, the month of April was a suck-fest.  It can only get better from here.  I've had some nice responses from resumes sent out and phone calls and am looking forward to some good interviews.

What I am also looking forward to is getting back to writing.  Best thing about being chock-full of painkillers twenty four hours a day is some incredible dreams.  Which I had the presence of mind to write down and are now making some killer outlines for storylines!  Vicodin is AWESOME for that.  I am glad to be off of them now, though.  The dreams were beginning to get a bit whackadoodle.  But I have at least three new ideas to flesh out.  Cool, right?

So, the take-away from all of this is if you have to have surgery and take painkillers, make SURE you have a notebook (or in my case, a Blackberry with the MemoPad icon, love that thing) to make note of every freaky thought you have.  And stay tuned.  Hopefully, in the next six months or so, you see the fruit of my labor in another book! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment