Probably as you read this post, there are about a million other posts being written about the same exact thing: things for which we are all thankful. Since this year has been nothing less than a challenge for my family, I decided I better cut the post as short as I could. There is not enough computer time for ALL the things which make me happy today.
So, I am going to take the lead from Wheel of Fortune and give you the easy ones. Of course I am thankful for my husband, my children, my job, my family, and my health. I have come up with five reasons I am thankful this year for other, not so obvious things.
- I am thankful our country is making a slow, but concerted effort at recovery
- I am thankful gas is no longer over $4.00 a gallon and my Mum can still afford to come up from San Diego at least once a month.
- I am thankful that this year, when it rains, I don't have to worry about the roof leaking.
- I am thankful I sell books.
- I am thankful my husband is going to a much better place than he has been in the past two years.
And one more thing I am thankful for is so important to me, I must let it stand on its own.
I am thankful for independent presses, who publish independent books, written by independent authors.
I am specifically thankful for my two Houses, Musa Publishing and Astraea Press. Each of these Houses are run by strong, forward-thinking, passionate women who believe, truly and wholly believe, in every single book behind which they place their talent, their support, and their name. And I am thankful to have been welcomed into both publishing families. And grateful.
So, please enjoy this post while you think of how you would answer this same question....what five things are you most thankful for this year?
And while you're at it, enjoy the next stop on this Thanksgiving Blog Tour from another strong female, Brenda Maxfield, a new YA author with the growing Astraea Press publishing family: http://wp.me/p2HVcx-1r