Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So You Think You Can Write Contest

You have heard me speak here of my newest completed project, a dark YA Paranormal called The Deadlies.  Well, I am trying new things out with this one, same as i did for both my adult horror collections, just to see how things work.  With The Deadlies, I have entered both a pitch and the first chapter in a contest being run by Harlequin.  They are actively scouting for new authors and came up with this cool way to find them.

I entered a couple weeks ago, and as of yesterday, my pitch became live.  You can go to the site and vote for mine or any others you enjoy.  because of the dark nature of my story, I chose to pitch for the Harlequin Nocturne line. I would have gone for the Harlequin Teen line, but they weren't part of the contest.

I value the opinions of most who frequent my site, so I am asking not only for your vote, but your critique and opinion as well.  Go here: http://www.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/manuscripts/the-deadlies/ and read my work and see if you like it enough to vote for it.  An agent will be selecting the manuscripts she wants to read based on the pitches on this contest.

And if you have a pitch, get on in there!  There are more than enough agents and manuscripts to go around!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment