Friday, January 13, 2012

A Friday the Thirteenth Treat

So, today is Friday the 13th.  As a showing of thanks for fans recently making my first book, SPELLBOUND, #72 in Christian Science-Fiction/Fantasy (yeah, I don't get it either) in the Kindle store, I have a special treat to share.  I have self-published a new book, trying out the KDP Select program over at Amazon.  May I present TEETH AND TALONS, A Horror Anthology by Samantha Combs, available for $.99:



And here is the teaser:

What do a tattoo artist, a rock band, a trio of thieves and a hen-pecked son have in common?  They are all about to enter the realm of the undefined, the supernatural, the horrific.  Four new stories from Samantha Combs, award-winning author of Young Adult and Middle Grade fantasy, explores the unexplained and the unbelievable in the adult world.  Join her on the journey into madness.  And don’t look under the bed.



I am hoping that being known as a paranormal and fantasy writer will help me segue into being known as a horror writer as well.  Several friends and people I follow (namely, J.A.Konrath) have recently weighed in on the whole KDP Select program and they can't find anything wrong with it.  Neither could I, but what do I know?  So, this self-published anthology, coming available sometime today for Amazon kindle, is my personal experiment to test the program out.

Three of the four stories have been seen elsewhere, but the first story, The Ink Man, has never seen the light of day.  Or computer screen.  And I am rather proud of it.

I will check in periodically and let you know how its going.  I'll report my sales figures and the number of books that sell.  And it would be neat if you all read it and review it as well.  Hope you enjoy your Friday the 13th surprise treat.  And like the blurb says, don't look under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment