Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A deviation

Forgive me for today's post.  I lost my job yesterday.  Today I have become part of the economic mess our country has become.  I had all this free time today to write and even though I was on the computer all day long, I never got the chance to write a single line.  Not of fiction, anyway.  At least as far as my resume is concerned.  The best thing about today was that I realized at this point in my career, every word on my resume is the God's Honest Truth. (I used caps there for emphasis for that surely wasn't the case twenty years ago.)

The job market is weird though.  Most ads post descriptions of the position where they need the candidate to be able to do about a hundred things, and then you scroll down and they are paying $13 an hour.  Really???  And they're comfortable enough with that figure to actually advertise it???  I so need an act of God here.

The real test will be how well SPELLBOUND does upon release.  Of course, it will do stupendously, right?  And make all my worrying today seem so laughable.  Keep your collective fingers crossed for that and we'll return to our regularly scheduled posts tomorrow.  Thanks, all.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Samantha! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete