I submitted an ms to Ms. Bradford before and she requested a partial. She passed on it but I am pleased to see her offer representation to a fellow writer, and a fellow YA writer at that.
Cory Jackson's blog is really fun to read and she passed on some great tips about writing the dreaded query letter. I am going to try it with my most recent novel, The Ghost and the Guys, which I am considering renaming The Girl, The Ghost and The Guys. I don't know who she got her tips from but they are worth passing on, so here goes:
- Make your query about your protag and her/his problem.
- What they are going to do about their problem.
- What conflicts keep them from reaching their goal.
- What are the stakes? What happens if they don't succeed and why the reader should care.
- Talk about the characters and their struggles, not the plot.